|Home||History||Specification||Survivors||Fleet No||Chassis No||Operators||Contractors||Organisations||Mobile Homes||What's New|
The Squadron was formed in March 1939 as part of the Air Defence Cadet Corps, a purely voluntary organisation formed by the Air League to prepare boys for service with the Royal Air Force under the threat of WWII.
Throughout the Squadrons’ history, Cadets have continued a tradition of dedication to duty, including Cadet Roy Clark, who received a Gallantry Medal for remaining at his post, despite being wounded during an air raid in New Milton on August 1940.
The Air Training Corps was formed in February 1941 and 130 (Bournemouth) Squadron was incorporated.
The Squadron Headquarters have moved several times since its formation, moving to its current location at the Drill Hall, Portman Road with an official opening ceremony on 6th December 1962 by Air Marshal H.P. Connelly.
As Cadet numbers have varied over the years, the Squadron has also found the need to establish several detached Flights in addition to the Headquarters Flight. The current detached Flight at Oakmead Technology College was formed in 1962, when at the time there were also Flights at Northbourne and St. Peter’s School (now both unfortunately disbanded).
One particular point of pride is the Squadrons’ Link Trainer (to simulate flying training); originally obtained in 1956, it was replaced in 1966 and is widely regarded to be to only operational example remaining in the UK!
As it moves beyond its 70th anniversary the list of the Squadron's and its Cadets' achievements continues to grow in a wide range of activities, including the band, competitions, Duke of Edinburghs’ Award, gliding and flying, public services, sport, shooting and many more.
Website: 130 Squadron
|Fleet No||Reg No||In service||Out Service||Original Op||Remarks|
|GRP 260D||1988||Aug 88||UC 260|