West Yorkshire Road Car Company Limited, Harrogate

Home History Specification Survivors Fleet No Chassis No Operators Contractors Organisations Mobile Homes What's New

History

West Yorkshire was formed in December 1927 but had its origins in the Harrogate Road Car Company, incorporated in November 1906. The name changed in 1924 to Harrogate & District Road Car and then again to West Yorkshire to reflect the wider area that was being covered as a result of the takeover of Premier Transport (Keighley) and Blythe & Berwick of Bradford. Many small operators were acquired in the 1926 to 1933 period and in 1932 the Company reached agreement to form a joint operating company with Keighley Corporation, that was called Keighley-West Yorkshire. A similar agreement, though not a separate company, was reached in 1934 to form York-West Yorkshire.

New J's Operated 

bullet 108 Buses
For full details click here.

Secondhand J's Operated

Fleet No Reg No In service Out Service Original Op Remarks
           

Fleetnames Used

bullet West Yorkshire

Operating Depots

bullet Bradford
bullet Harrogate
bullet Otley
bullet Pateley Bridge
bullet Keighley
bullet Grassington
bullet Iklley
bullet Skipton
bullet Leeds 
bullet Wetherby
bullet York
bullet Malton
bullet Scarborough